Centre for Science and Society
(A unit of Buti Foundation)
B-8 / 6042, Vasant Kunj
New Delhi 110070
The Centre would promote interactions between natural scientists and social scientists. This would be beneficial for all.
We use the word science in a very broad sense to include natural sciences, bio-sciences, climate, medicine, agriculture as well as technology.
We feel there is a need for a constant dialogue between scientists, non-scientists and the public at large.
Science and technology have virtually captured almost all spheres of our existence. While their influence is ubiquitous, public understanding, of modern scientific developments and their potentialities, is somewhat lacking. We feel there is a great need to bridge this gap in understanding and to discuss and debate their wider social and political linkages.
Activities to be undertaken:
- Organize lectures, group discussions, film/slide shows, seminars, symposia, conferences, training programs, courses, competitions, awards, etc.
- Bring out publications, newsletters etc.
- To foster debates on ethical and economic consequences of science and technology on society.
- Foster hands-on and multidisciplinary approaches to teaching.
- To support intellectual collaborations, among scientists from different disciplines and between scientists and non-scientists, aimed at usefully bringing together different perspectives on issues and problems of practical importance.
- To support new projects aimed at bridging the gap between the academic and the applied on larger social issues.
- To encourage and support students for trying out new things.
- To support working groups around particular relevant topics like health, climate, biotechnology etc.
- To advance the public understanding of promise of science in the promotion of human welfare.
||Prof. B. Buti, New Delhi
||Ms. Veena Ramani, Ahmedabad
||Dr. N. Venkataramani, Ahmedabad
Other Centres of CSS:
||Prof. B. Buti, New Delhi
||Dr. Shashi Duggal, Bareilly
||Dr. R.K. Chittlangia, Bareilly
||Prof. B. Buti, New Delhi
||Dr. D.K. Taneja, Indore
||Dr. M.L. Jain, Indore
||Prof. B. Buti, New Delhi
Activities Undertaken / planned:
Centre for Science and Society, Ahmedabad
CSS was set up at Ahmedabad in November 2011. Since its inception, following activities have taken place:
- The inaugural lecture on 'Road Traffic Accidents - Role of Science and Society' was held at Ahmedabad Management Association Hall on Nov.12, 2011. The lecture was delivered by Dr. D.K. Taneja, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Indore.
Dr. Taneja delivering his lecture on Nov. 12, 2011
Science and Society Awareness Contest 2012 for the school children of Gujarat was held on September 15, 2012. 50 students (38 boys and 12 girls) had participated.
The Award Function was held on September 23 at AMA Hall, Ahmedabad. 14 students were given the Merit Certificates and 3 were given Trophies.
Prarthana y. Padya of Rajkumar College, Rajkot; Manomeet Gupta of Delhi Public School, Gandhidham and Jaidev Shah of Udgam School,
Ahmedabad were awarded the Trophies. Besides the award presentations, Prof. Buti, Director CSS, gave a lecture on '
Nobel Laureate S. Chandrasekhar: His Life and Scientific Works'.
Participants during Registration for the Contest on September 15, 2012
Prarthana Y. Padia of Rajkumar College , Rajkot receiving the Award
Under the aegis of CSS-Ahmedabad, PLASMA & VACUUM TECHNOLOGIES (PVT), a firm located at Ahmedabad and dedicated to the proliferation of
Vacuum and Plasma Technologies in Industries, conducted a Training Program in Vacuum Technologies during the month of October, 2012.
There were 11 participants who took the training, conducted at PVT. The participants of the program were motivated Engineers and Technicians
interested in applying Vacuum Technology working in their Industries and 2 college students from Diploma course in Mechanical Engineering, all from Ahmedabad.
- Science and Society Awareness Contest 2014 for the school children of Gujarat was held on February 8, 2014 and the Award Function was held on February 23 at CSS Hall at 403 Balaji Heights, Ahmedabad. 8 students were given the Merit Certificates and 2 were given Trophies.
Manav Sumara and Hadiyah Ghoghari, of St. Xavier's School, Mirzapur, Ahmedabad, were presented the trophies by the Chief Guest Prof. Dhiraj Bora, Director, Institute for Plasma Research, Gandhinagar. Prof. Bora gave a lecture on '
Fusion and ITER'.
Manav Sumara with Prof. Bora and Prof. Buti
- One-day Workshop on ‘Non-Destructive Techniques utilized in Industries for the Safety of Human Life and Monitoring of Environment’ was held on September 5, 2014 at CSS Hall, Balaji Heights. Dr Venkat Ramani, Secretary, CSS Ahmedabad
Coordinator and Speaker of the workshop which was attended by 15 selected working professionals from industries in Gujarat. all the participants had a big appreciation for the workshop and had requested to make this event an annual affair.
- National Science Day on February 28, 2015
National Science Day was celebrated by holding the following activities:
(i) Interactive Talk on “Science and Society Awareness” by Dr Venkat Ramani, Secretary, CSS Ahmedabad
(ii) Discussion about Significance of National Science Day along with video show of Sir C.V. Raman about his Life and Science by Veena Ramani, Executive Director, CSS Ahmedabad and Science (Physics) Teacher of St. Xaviers School Ahmedabad. Just viewing the video, students can’t appreciate the importance and significant role of Raman Effect for which Raman got the Nobel Prize in 1930; explanation by an expert teacher is a must in this regard. National Science Day is celebrated in India on February 28 since Raman Effect was discovered on that day in 1928.
- Technical Training Workshop: One week Technical Training Workshop on “Helium Leak Testing” was held during September 5-10, 2015 at CSS Ahmedabad. This was conducted by Dr Venkat Ramani, Secretary, CSS Ahmedabad and was meant for Industry Professionals for inspection of Pressurized and Vacuum Components used in Industries.
- On November 23, 2016, one-day Technical Training on “Fugitive Emission Leak Testing” was organized for Professionals from Petroleum Refineries. Dr Venkat Ramani, Secretary, CSS Ahmedabad made them aware about inspection technique for detecting Methane Leakage from components in Petroleum Refineries. Reliable Techniques for detection and monitoring potentially dangerous gas like Methane were discussed. Relevance of these techniques to inspection and certification of Valves used in Petroleum Refineries was presented. A practical training on using the Methane detectors was given. Participants were 6 working professionals, including 2 women professionals.
Dr. Venkat Ramani with Participants
- Dr Venkat Ramani, Secretary, CSS Ahmedabad gave a lecture on 'Trends in Vacuum Technology'
on October 6, 2017 at L D College of Engineering, Ahmedabad. The audience consisted of students of Engineering in the disciplines of Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics, from various Engineering colleges in Ahmedabad. The talk addressed the recent trends in Vacuum Technology, with a particular stress on developing environment friendly techniques. Role of Vacuum Technology in various scientific and technological applications, relevant to societal needs and development was brought out.
- On October 13, 2017, Seminar was coducted by Dr Venkat Ramani, Secretary, CSS Ahmedabad on “Non-Destructive Techniques utilized in Industries for the Safety of Human Life and Monitoring of Environment” at CSS Ahmedabad Hall, 403 Balaji Heights, Ahmedabad. There were 10 working professionals, including 2 women professionals from Industries in Gujarat. Conventional Techniques like radiography, Eddy current and ultrasonic methods as well as modern Techniques like Infrared Thermography, Acoustic emission, Mass Spectrometric Leak detection Techniques were discussed from the point of view of safety and Environment of human beings.
- On February 2, 2019, Mr. Acharya Sarasvatichandra delivered his Buti Foundation - GSA Award, 2018 Lecture at Gujarat Science Congress 2019 held at LJ Institute of Applied Sciences, Ahmedabad.
Acharya Sarasvatichandra delivering his award lecture
- Plasma Science and Applications Symposium at SVNIT Surat in December. Prof. B. Buti, Director CSS Ahmedabad was invited as the Chief Guest.
You are cordially invited to the
Inauguration of the
Virtual National Conference
Plasma Science and Applications
Department of Physics
Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology
(SVNIT) Surat, India
in Association with
Center for Continuing Education CCE SVNIT
Plasma Science Society of India (PSSI
20 th December 2021
VENUE (Google Meet Link
https://meet.google.com/zfh xemk spm
Prof. R. V. RAO
Director, SVNIT Surat
Prof. P. L. PATEL
Dy. Director, SVNIT Surat
Prof. Bimla Buti
Director , Centre for Science and Society
President Buti Foundation, Ahmedabad
Department of Physics
SVNIT Surat, INDIA
13. BUTI FOUNDATION - GSA Science Communication Award 2020
14. BUTI DIGITAL EDUCATION CENTRE (BDEC)
A new centre for Digital Training started functioning from October 2, 2022 at 512 Central Sangath IPL, Motera, Ahmedabad 380005.
To start with BDEC will impart free Basic Digital Training to Under Priviledged Children and House Wives So that they can do their shopping online and avoid trips to do their banking jobs. They will be able to do these jobs on their mobiles.
Inside View - Provision for 24 sttudents - All PCs WiFi Compatible
Instructor will simultaneously give instructions to all the students on 65 " TV (black)
Centre for Science and Society, Indore
During Indian orthopaedic association 56th annual conference , CSS in collaboration with Orthopaedics Association of SAARC Countries, held a Scientific Session on Dec.10, 2011 at Noida (UP). The session was chaired by Prof. S.M. Awais of Pakistan and Dr M.P. Shrivastav of Nepal.
- First Aid Training Course:
During the Road Safety Week observed by Govt. of Madhya Pradesh, on Jan. 2, 2012, 'A First Aid Training Course' was conducted for Police Constables, Drivers and Ambulance Drivers. The course was organized, under the auspices of Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation of India and Centre for Science and Society by Arihant Hospital and Police Department, Indore and it was conducted by Dr. D.K. Taneja, Executive Director, CSS Indore.
An 'Operation Theater Technician Re-Orientation Course' was held at Sri Aurobindo Institute of Medical Sciences, Indore during Jan. 14-15, 2012.
Under the auspices of Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation of India, in collaboration with CSS, a Post Graduate Instructional Course for DNB Ortho Trainees of National Board of Examination, Ministry of Health GOI., was held at Indore during Jan.27- 29, 2012.
- For creating awareness in the society, Dr. D. K. Taneja, Executive Director, Centre for Science & Society, Indore (A Unit of Buti Foundation) delivered public lectures on Osteoporosis & Road Traffic Accidents on 4th Feb 2012 at Sagar, MP. The media had given a very good coverage.
- Dr. D. K. Taneja, Executive Director, Centre for Science & Society, Indore (A Unit of Buti Foundation) delivered two lectures for the medical students at Bundelkhand Medical College, sagar on becoming a Good Doctor and on Road Traffic Accidents on 5th Feb 2012.
- Dr. D. K. Taneja, Executive director, Centre for Science & Society, Indore, delivered a guest lecture on 13th Feb 2012 on "Yoga and Orthopaedics" at National Yoga conference organized by Morarji Desai National Institute of Yogic Sciences, New Delhi. Lecture was very much appreciated by the delegates.
Under the auspices of Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation of India, in collaboration with Centre for Science and Society, Indore, a Post Graduate Instructional Course for Ortho Trainees was held at Indore during Jan.17- 20, 2013. 135 students from all over the country attended the course that was organized and co-ordinated by Dr. D.K.Taneja, Executive Director CSS, Indore.
9. First Aid Training Course for Traffic Police
The Course, organized by Dr. D.K. Taneja, was held on 19th Jan 2014. It was attended by 100 traffic policemen. Shri Vipin Maheshwari, IGP Indore range was Chief Guest in the inaugural function. Key Note Address was given by Dr. D. K. Taneja, Executive Director, Centre for Science and Society, Indore. Besides lectures there was live demonstration on the casualty evacuation and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) which was greatly appreciated. The fire services of Indore gave live demonstration of rescue methods. Shri Paul Additional SP was a Chief Guest in Valedictory function. He distributed the certificates to all policemen.
10. First International P. G. Instructional Course:
The Course was held on January 22-25, 2014. 160 P. G. students, from all over the country and abroad, attended the course and actively participated in Interactive sessions. The course was held under the auspices of Orthopaedic Research and Education foundation – India, Centre for Science & Society, Indore and Orthopaedic Association of SAARC Countries. The course was supported by Indian Orthopaedic Association and National Board of Examination, Ministry of Health, Government of India.The faculty was drawn from all over the country.
11. Second International P. G. Instructional Course:
Dr. Taneja, Executive Director CSS Indore, being honoured by Chief Minister, Haryana
at Rohtak University in 2015
12. Third International P. G. Instructional Course:
13. P. G. Instructional Course 2017:
P. G. Instructional Course was held from 12th to 15th Jan 2017 at Arihant Hospital and Research Centre, Indore (India) under the auspices of Centre for Science and Society (CSS) Indore and organized by Orthopaedic Research & Education Foundation – India. 130 trainees from all over the country attended the course. 10 senior faculty members participated in the course.The course was inaugurated by Dr. Narendra Kumar Dhakad, Vice Chancellor of Devi Ahiliya Vishwa Vidhayala, Indore. Students actively participated and presented large numbers of cases. Over all about 10 -12 clinical cases were discussed every day.The students who performed well were awarded. Dr. D.K. Taneja, Executive Director, CSS Indore was the Course Director.
14. Dr. D.K. Taneja, Executive Director CSS Indore was honored with an honorary FRCS. Receiving his degree from the President of The Royal College of Surgeons of England.
15. P. G. Instructional Course 2018:
22nd B. Mukhopadhaya P. G. Instructional Course was held from 27th Jan to 30th Jan at Arihant Hospital & Research Centre, Indore (India) under the auspices of Centre for Science and Society Indore and World Orthopaedic Concern and organized by Orthopaedic Research & Education Foundation – India. 135 trainees from all over the country attended the course. 10 senior faculty members participated in the course. Students actively participated and presented large numbers of cases. Over all about 10 -12 clinical cases were discussed every day. The students who performed well were awarded: The course was inaugurated by Dr. Abhijat Sheth, President, National Board of Examination, New Delhi Dr. Narendra Kumar Dhakad, Vice Chancellor of Davi Ahiliya Vishwa Vidhayala, Indore (India) was the Chief Guest in the Valedictory function. Dr. D.K. Taneja, Executive Director, CSS Indore was the Course Director.
16. . Dr. Taneja, Executive Director, CSS Indore, has set up MGM Allied Health Sciences Institute (MAHSI) at the MGM Medical College campus in 2018. He is the Founder Director of MAHSI.
17. Dr. Taneja, Executive Director, CSS Indore elected President of World Orthopaedic Concern.
18. P. G. Instructional Course 2019:
P.G. Course 2019 was inaugrated on January 17, 2019 and was held during January 17-20. Dr. Rashmikant Dave, Vice President & Executive Director of National Board of Examination, Ministry of Health Govt. of India was the Chief Guest. About 100 students attended the course and the feedback received from them was very encouraging. They had greatly appreciated the course. The faculty chosen was of National Fame. Presence of Dr. Dave provided a good opportunity to the students for a good interactive session with him.
The valedictory function was held on 20th January, 2019, Dr. Narendra Dhakad, Vice Chancellor of Devi Ahliya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore was the Chief Guest. Students who performed well were awarded.
The course was directed by Dr. D.K. Taneja, Executive Director, CSS Indore.
19. P. G. Instructional Course 2020:
20. Workshop on Road Safety for Police Constables, Ambulance Drivers & Paramedics
During the 32nd Road Safety month, First Aid training Program was organized by Arihant Hospital & Research Center in collaboration with Buti Foundation & Police department of Indore Madhya Pradesh for the benefit of Police constables, Ambulance drivers and Paramedics on January 25, 2021. In all about 250 delegates attended the workshop.
The eminent faculties like Dr. Prakash Bangani, Dr. D.K. Taneja, Dr. Manish Panchal (SGSITS) were present on the occasion. They attentively participated and demonstrated the First Aid and Safe transport techniques for Road Traffic Accident Victims, which is very important in first Golden hour after the Accident. The highlight of the workshop was training on CPR by Dr KK Arora and his team from MGM Medical College.
The chief Guest of the workshop was Shri Harinarayanchari Mishra I.G.P, Indore, who presented the certificates to the participants.
International P. G. Instructional Course 2021, Indore
Under the auspices of Orthopedic Research & Education Foundation (OREF - India)
Orthopedic Association of SAARC Countries (OASAC) & World Orthopedic Concern (WOC)
In Collaboration with Centre For Science & Society, Indore
Recognized by National Board of Examination, New Delhi & Indian Orthopedic Association
Course Director Dr. D. K. Taneja, D. orth, MS Orth, FAMS, FRCS (Eng.)
NATIONAL FACULTY LOCAL FACULTY
Dr. Alaric Aroojis—Mumbai Dr. D. K. Taneja
Dr. Abhijeet Salunke— Ahmadabad Dr. Dinesh Sonkar
Dr. Atul Kharate – Bhopal Dr. Hussain Safderi
Dr. N. K. Magu —Rohtak Dr. Manish Shroff
Dr. Pankaj Jindal—Pune Dr. Prakash Bangani
Dr. Subir Mukherjee—Raipur Dr. Pradeep Choudhary
Dr. Sameer Gupta—Gwalior Dr. S.K. Lunawat
Dr. S. Mohanty - Mumbai Dr. Shirish Phatak
This was conducted online during February 26-28, 2021.
Silver Jubilee B. Mukhopadhaya PG Instructional Course- 2021
26th to 28th February 2021
Orthopaedic Research & Education Foundation – India
Under the aegis of
World Orthopaedic Concern
Buti Foundation, New Delhi
Orthopaedic Association of SAARC Countries
Indian Orthopaedic Association
Dr. John Mukhopadhaya
Course Director Course Coordinator
Dr. Deven Taneja Dr. Shreesh Phatak
21. Under the aegis of Buti Foundation, CSS Indore has started the following two new centers at MAHSI:
1. BUTI Digital Training Centre
2. BUTI Research and DATA Centre
Officially these Centers were set up in March 2021 but because of COVID Pandemic, they started functioning in July 2021.
22. List of Trainees of BUTI Digital Training Centre 2021 in 3 Batches of one month each:
First Batch of MAHSI students:
Monika Patel; Aarti Gehlot; Manisha Damor; Neha Pipliya and Ranjana Goud.
Second Batch of MAHSI students:
Raj Thakkar; Amar Singh Maida; Ruchika Boraskar; Yash and Atishay Jain.
Third Batch of MAHSI students:
Neha Chourse; Neha Dhadse; Saloni Mandloi; Kamal Solanki and Devisingh Solanki.
Non MAHSI Trainees:
Mahendra Solanki; Vaishali Daore and Ram Datiya.
23. Activities of BUTI Research and DATA Centre 2021:
List of Students of Master in Physio Therapy (MPTH) who sumitted their Thesis:
1. Khushboo Kuiya - MPTH Orthopaedics
2. Divya Chouhan - MPTH Orthopaedics
3. Thakeshwer - MPTH Orthopaedics
4. Heera Mani Kori - MPTH Orthopaedics
5. Deepali Jain - MPTH Neurology
6. Rakhi Hote - MPTH Neurology
7. KM Sakshi Gupta - MPTH Neurology
8. Deepali Jain - MPTH Sports
9. Shweta Jaiswal - MPTH Sports
10. Deepak Sen - MPTH Sports
11. Sohan Singh - MPTH Sports
12. Neelesh Kumar Choudhary - MPTH Sports
13. Ankit Rathore - MPTH Cardiology
14. Divya Singh - MPTH Orthopae
International P. G. Instructional Course 2022, Indore
OT Techniques Reorientation Course - March 26-27, 2022
Silver Jubilee Celebrations of MAHSI on July 27, 2022
Ribbon Cutting by Prof. Bimla Buti
Sports Injury Centre Bhoomi Poojan on July 27, 2022 at MAHSI Campus
ACN TV Channel Interviewing Prof. Bimla Buti at Indore on July 27, 2022
Centre for Science and Society, Delhi
On Dec.12, 2011, Dr. D.K. Taneja, Executive Director, CSS, Indore, delivered a lecture on 'Road Traffic Accidents : Role of Science and Society' at India International Centre, New Delhi.
On December 20, 2011, Prof. B. Buti, Director CSS gave a Keynote Address at National Plasma Science Conference held at Birla Institute of Technology, Patna.
To participate in the Birth Centenary Celebrations of Nobel Laureate Prof. S. Chandrasekhar, Prof. B. Buti, Director CSS gave a lecture on 'Nobel Laureate S. Chandrasekhar: His Life and Science' at India International Centre, New Delhi on Jan.16, 2012. The lecture was chaired by Prof. P.N. Tandon, Neuro Surgeon and President National Brain Research Centre.
On the occasion of International Women's Day, Prof. B. Buti, Director CSS, as a Chief Guest delivered a lecture on 'Women in Science' on March 12, 2012 at Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, Dehradun.
To inspire young students and faculty, Prof. B. Buti, Director CSS, delivered a lecture on March 28, 2012 in the Physics Department, Delhi University on 'Nobel Laureate S. Chandrasekhar: His Life and science'.
On July 30, 2012, Prof. A.K. Ghatak delivered a lecture at India International Centre, New Delhi on 'Einstein: A Glimpse of his Life, Philosophy and Science'.
On October 8, 2012, Mr. Sankar Sen, former Director General National Human Rights Commission, gave a Public Lecture at India International Centre, New Delhi on 'Policing a Democratic Society'. The lecture was chaired by Prof. A.K. Ghatak, Visiting Professor IIT Delhi.
On October 30, 2012, Prof. B. Buti, Director CSS, delivered a Public lecture at IIT Delhi on 'Nobel Laureate S. Chandrasekhar: His Perception of Evolution of Stars from White Dwarfs to Black Holes'
9. On March 13, 2013, Prof. B. Buti, Director CSS, delivered a lecture at Space Application Centre, Ahmedabad on 'Stellar Evolution from White Dwarfs to Black Holes'.
10. On April 2, 2013, Prof. B. Buti, Director CSS, delivered a Public lecture at Delhi Technological University, Delhi on 'Nobel Laureate S. Chandrasekhar: His Perception of Stellar Evolution from White Dwarfs to Black Holes'.
11. On July 22, 2013, Prof. B. Buti, Director CSS, delivered a Popular lecture at CSIR-Central Electronics Engineering Research Institute (CEERI), Pilani on 'Nobel Laureate S. Chandrasekhar: His Perception of Stellar Evolution from White Dwarfs to Black Holes'.
CEERI Pilani Conference Inaugration
Prof. Buti receiving memento from CEERI Director Prof. Chandrasekhar
12. On November 13, 2013,
Prof. B. Buti, Director CSS, delivered a lecture at
Institute of Plasma Research, Gandhinagar on 'Stellar Evolution from White Dwarfs to Black Holes'.
Prof. Buti, Director CSS,at International conference on Physics of Dusty Plasmas
at India Habitat Centre, Delhi in March 2014
13. Prof. B. Buti, Director CSS, delivered a lecture on ' Women in Science: The changing scenario'
at IIT, Madras on July 2, 2014 during an International Conferece on 'Dynamics Days Asia Pacific'
14. To inspire young students to go for science education, Prof. B. Buti, Director CSS gave two interviews which were telecast by DD Bharati on July 26, 2014 and Rajya Sabha TV on August 2, 2014. Both these interviews are uploaded on You Tube http://youtu.be/81lqSbwCZ00; http://youtu.be/BLnLX1WtYRs
The Centre for Science and Society (A Unit of Buti Foundation, New Delhi)
invites you to a Public Lecture on
“The Fiber Optics Revolution”
by Professor A.K. Ghatak, Bhatnagar Awardee and Formerly Professor of Physics, IIT Delhi.
Date & Time: 13th October'14, 3:30 pm - 5:35 pm
Venue: UChicago Center in Delhi, DLF Capitol Point, Baba Kharak Singh Marg, New Delhi
For RSVP please email at
Prof. Ghatak delivering the Lecture at UC-Center
16. Prof. J.N. Goswami, Director Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad delivered a Public Lecture on 'India's Planetary Exploration to Moon, Mars and beyond' at Indian Institute of Tchnology, Delhi On November 12, 2014. This lecture was jointly organized with IIT, Delhi.
Prof. Goswami receiving the memento from Prof. Shevgaonkar, Director IIITD
17. On November 19, 2014, Prof. B. Buti, Director CSS gave a lecture on 'Leadership Life Experiences' at CSIR-HRDC, Gaziabad.
18. Prof. B. Buti, Director CSS delivered 'Prof. MeghNad Saha Memorial Award Lecture' on 'Stellar Evolution to Black Holes and Beyond' at Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College, Delhi University on January 21, 2015. Prof. V.P. Sharma, President Delhi Local Chapter of National Academy of Sciences, India (NASI) presented the medal to Prof. Buti.
Prof. Buti receiving the Award
19. On February 4, 2015 Prof. Dhiraj Bora, Director Institute for Plasma Research, Gandhinagar gave a lecture on ' International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor: India's Contribution and Future of Fusion' at IIT Delhi. This lecture was jointly arranged by CSS and IIT Delhi.
Prof. Bora delivering the lecture
20. On December 1, 2015, Prof. B. Buti, Director CSS, gave a popular talk on 'Black Holes and Beyond' at Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kolkata.
21. Hygiene Awareness for Underprivileged Children:
On February 21. 2016, a team consisting of Dr. Neeta Buti Taneja, Dr. Rakesh Taneja and Mr. Janesh Nagpal held a Free Medical check-up and Awareness Camp at Sharmas Farm House at Jindpur, Dist. Alipur, Delhi. 70 underprivileged children, aged 6-16, had their thorough check-up and were advised of required treatment and deficiency shown on their specially prepared 'Buti Foundation Medical Proforma').
Dr. Neeta Buti Taneja with Mrs. Sharma and the Children at Farm House
Dr. Rakesh Taneja examining the Child
22. On March 5, 2016, Dr. Rakesh Taneja delivered a Public Lecture on ‘Lifestyle Diseases with a special focus on Diabetes Mellitus’ at Sanatan Dharam Mandir, Multan Nagar, Delhi. About 50, mostly Senior Citizens, participated and actively interacted with the speaker.
Prof. Buti, Director CSS, at the inaugration of NASI Award Function at JIIT University, Noida on March18, 2016
23. On August 12, 2016, Dr. Neeta Buti Taneja gave Dengu Awareness Lecture at DAV Jhaban Lal School, Paschim Vihar, New Delhi.
Dr. Neeta Buti Taneja Delivering her Lecture
24. On June 17, 2017, Blood Sugar awareness and free check up camp was organised by Buti Foundation at Jwalaheri Market Mandir in Paschim Vihar, Delhi. Camp was coducted by Dr. Rakesh Taneja, Sh. Janesh Nagpal, Sh. Atul Raheja and was sponsored by Sh. Jag Mohan of Apna Store. 47 persons were tested for blood sugar and free consultation regarding diet and exercise was provided to known diabetics and those at risk for diabetes.
25. On July 29, 2017, Blood Sugar Test and Health Education camp was organised by Buti Foundation at Sanatan Dharam Mandir, A-1 Block, Paschim Vihar, Delhi. Camp was coducted by Dr. Rakesh Taneja, Mr. Janesh Nagpal, Mr. Atul Raheja and was sponsored by Mr. Ajay Arora of 'Electronic Paradise". 89 persons availed the services.
26. On August 26, 2017, monthly Blood Sugar Test and Health Education camp was organised by Buti Foundation at Sanatan Dharam Mandir, BG-6 Block, Paschim Vihar, Delhi. Camp was coducted by Dr. Rakesh Taneja, Mr. Janesh Nagpal, Mr. Atul Raheja and was sponsored by Mr. Sanjay Arora of 'Amrit Apparels'. 106 persons availed the services.
27. On September 16, 2017, monthly Blood Sugar Test and Health Education camp was organised by Buti Foundation at Radha Krishna Mandir, A-1 Block, Paschim Vihar, Delhi. Camp was coducted by Dr. Rakesh Taneja, Mr. Janesh Nagpal, Mr. Atul Raheja and was sponsored by Mr. Rakesh Gupta of Prakash Investments. 225 persons availed the services.
28. On October 7, 2017, monthly Blood Sugar Test and Health Education camp was organised by Buti Foundation at Sanatan Dharam Mandir, Guru Harkishan Nagar, Delhi. Camp was coducted by Dr. Rakesh Taneja, Mr. Janesh Nagpal, Mr. Atul Raheja and was sponsored by Mr. Atul Raheja of Raheja Medicos,Chand Nagar, Vishnu Garden, Delhi. 73 persons availed the services.
29. On October 14, 2017, an extra Blood Sugar Test and Health Education camp was organised by Buti Foundation at Shiv Mndir, A-6 Block, Paschim Vihar, Delhi. Camp was coducted by Dr. Rakesh Taneja, Mr. Janesh Nagpal, Mr. Atul Raheja and was sponsored by Mr. Sunil Buti of Buti Constructions, New Multan Nagar, Delhi. 105 persons availed the services.
30. A free Health Check-up and Health Education Camp was held at Alipur Farms for rural children from weaker sections. 69 children were examined and provided free medicines. Camp was organized by Buti Foundation at the Farm House provided by Mr. and Mrs. Sharma.
31. On february 6, 2018, Dr. Venkat Ramani, Secretary Centre for Science and Society, Ahmedabad gave a Public Lecture on 'Plasma Science & Technology for Societal Benefits' at University of Chicago, Delhi Center.
32. On February 21, 2018 Prof. B. Buti, Director Centre for Science and Society, Delhi, gave a Key Note Address on 'Chaos and Fractals' at a workshop on “Nonlinear Processes and Extreme Events in Earth and Space” held at Indian Institute of Geomagnetism, Mumbai.
Prof. Buti being honoured by Dr. Manju Sharma at National Conference on Technological Empowerment of Women organized by NASI on March 8-9, 2018 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi
33. on April 11, 2018, Prof. B. Buti, Director Centre for Science and Society, Delhi, gave a Popular Lecture on 'Black Holes and Beyond' at IIT Indore.
34. In March 2019 Department of Biotechnology, Govt. Of India , in connection wiith International Women Day, Celebrated Achievements of Indian Women Scientists and came up with the following publication.
35. On April 8,2019 Prof. B. Buti delivered 'SPL DAY Lecture' on 'Chaos and its implications in Space Sciences' at Golden Jubilee Celebration of Vikram Sarabhai Space Science Centre (VSSC) at Trivandrum.
Prof. Buti receiving the Plaque from Former Director Space Physics Lab. VSSC
Prof. Buti receiving memento from Former Director Space Physics Lab. VSSC
Prof. Buti receiving Chandrayaan-2 Satellite Launch Vehicle GSLV MKIII from Former Director Space Physics Lab. VSSC
36. Prof. B. Buti, Director CSS delivered 'Prof. A.C. Banerji Memorial Award Lecture on 'Chaos and its implications in Science' at JIIT University, Noida on May 3, 2019.
Prof. Buti receiving the Award from VC JIIT University
Prof. Pratibha Jolly receiving the NASI-Buti Foundation Award 2017 from Prof. Buti
at JIIT University on May 3, 2019
37. Prof. B. Buti, Director CSS was felicitated with Life Time Achievement Award of Indian Physics Association on September 19, 2019 at Hyderabad University.
Prof. Buti receiving the Award from former VC Hyderabad University
38. On June 15, 2020 Prof. Buti gave an online Lecture for Indian Physics Association (IPA) Vigyan Vidushi 2020 (available on IPA YouTube).
39. On November 29, 2020 Prof Buti was awarded R D Birla Award 2020 by Indian Physics Association in virtual mode due to Covid 19.
Citation of Birla Award
Prof. Bimla Buti, one of the most distinguished physicists in the country, is globally acknowledged for her fundamental contributions to understanding of Chaos. Internationally known as an authority on nonlinear dynamics, her work has found applications in widely varying plasma systems including astrophysical plasma. Both through her actions and words, she has also played a stellar role in training researchers in fundamental sciences, has been an inspirational role model- especially for young women researchers in science and has exhibited deep commitment to the propagation of science to the society.
In recognition of her outstanding contributions in the areas of research and mentoring, the Indian Physics Association confers on her the R. D. Birla Memorial Award in Physics for the year 2020.
40. On January 30, 2021 Prof. Buti delivered online R D Birla Award 2020 Lecture on 'Coherence and Chaos in Plasmas'.
41. On February 9, Prof. Buti gave an Invited Talk on ' Women in Science : The Changing Scenario ' at a Conference ' Global Women Breakfast-21 (IUPAC.ORG) Theme: Empowering Diversity in Science ' organized by SAL Education, Ahmedabad.
42. On March 3, Prof. Buti delivered online Coloquium at Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad on 'Coherence, Chaos and Turbulence in Plasmas'.
43. On April 10, 2021 CSIR - CSMCRI, Bhavnagar, Gujarat had celebrated its 67th Foundation Day. Prof. Buti was invited as a Guest of Honor and she gave a Keynote Lecture under Science and Society catagory on ' Women in Science
Centre for Science and Society, Bareilly
Cancer Awareness and free Check-Up camps twice a month on first and third Saturdays have been held since May 2012.
Lecture on "Effect of Tobacco on Society" was delivered by Dr. R.K. Chittlangia, Oncologist on World Tobbaco Day, May 31, 2012 at Rotary Bhavan, Bareilly.
Workshop on Uses of Computer and Internet for House-wives held on June 24, 2012 at Indian Medical Association Hall, Bareilly.
- On International Drug Abuse Awareness Day on June 26, 2013, Dr. R.K.Chittlangia, Cancer Specialist, gave a presentation on 'Drug Abuse - A Social Problem' to students of Alma Mater School, Bareilly.
Dr. Chittlangia delivering his lecture at Alma Mater School
5. Free Eye Check Up Camp on June 30, 2013, in collaboration with Bareilly Cancer Charitable Trust,was held at Bareilly. As a follow up 15 persons, requiring Cataract surgeries, were provided free surgeries by CSS Bareilly.
6. On July 14, 2013, a camp for Free Health Checkup and Blood Test was organized for senior citizens of Bareilly. On this occasion, Dr. R.K. Chittlangia gave a talk on Cancer Awareness.
7. On August 1,2013 CSS, in collaboration with Chittlangia Charitable Trust, started an Eye Project under which surgery will be done free of cost and the eye glasses will be provided at a nominal cost of Rs.40.
8. Yoga camps were held on four Sundays - Nov.10, Nov.17, Nov.24 and Dec.1, 2013 at 'Swami Vivekanand Yog and Prakritik Vigyan Sansthan' at Bareilly. Camps were conducted by Yogacharya / Naturopath Dr. Brijesh Kumar Gupta.
9. Cancer Awareness among Ladies of rural area was held at Rakshpal Bahadur Management Institute, Bareilly by Cancer specialist Dr. R.K. Chittlangia.
10. Free Artificial Limb Camp was held on November 17, 2013. The camp was inaugurated by Mayor of Bareilly City, Dr. I.S. Tomer. Limbs were distributed to the selected needy persons by DM Bareilly Abhishek Prakash, free of charge, on December 8, 2013.
Little boy walking after receiving his artificial leg and foot
11. From December , 2013 yoga camps are held for cancer patients on every 1st and 3rd Saturday. Camps are conducted by yoga teacher Dr. Rashmi Gupta.
Free Diabetic Camp was held at Swami Vivekanand Yog Sansthan, Akansha Enclave, Bareilly on December 15,2013.
Consultants at the camp:
Dr. Shashi Duggal, Allopathy; Dr. Mukul Saxena, Ayurved; Dr. B.K. Singh, Homeopath; Dr. Brijesh Kumar Gupta, Yog and Naturopath and Mr. Harish Chandra, Dietician.
13. Free homeopathic Camp was held on January 12, 2014. 50 patients were examined and given free medicines for 7 days.
14. Health Programme for School Children was initiated on March 15, 2014. Children were made aware of personal hygiene. Their physical examination, eye check up and dental check up were done by the respective specialists. 25 children were enrolled till March 31, 2014.
15. A special camp for Breast Cancer was held on March 22, 2015.
16. Starting Sunday May 3, 2015 daily Yoga Camps have been held in association with Bareilly Cancer Charitable Trust.
17. Free homeopathic Camp was held on May 24, 2015 by Dr. B.K. Singh. 62 patients were examined and given free medicines for 7 days.
18. On June 18, 2015, Dr. R.K. Chittlangia gave a Radio Talk on 'Benefits of Yoga for Cancer Patients'.
19. On April 24, 2016 Free Cardiac and Diabetes Camp was conducted by Senior Cardiologist Dr. Rakesh Kumar Mishra. 62 patients had their consultation and 51 had their Blood Test done.
Dr. Mishra, Dr. Shashi Duggal with other doctors
20. On May 8, 2016, Free Orthopaedic Camp was held. This was conducted by Senior Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aditya Maheshwari.
21. On December 11, 2016, Cancer Awareness Camp was organized at Village Balia. Dr. R.K. Chittlangia, Cancer Specialist examined seven cancer patients. A new case was also detected.
22. On January 22, 2017, free physiotherapy camp was held. 21 patients were given consultations and therapy.
23. Free Consultation Dental Camp was held on June 24, 2018. Camp was conducted by Dr. Disha Naresh.
New Computer Centre at CSS Bareilly
Trainees at Computer Centre
Trainees with Instructor
24. On September 4, 2019, a Cancer Awareness Camp was held at LIC Divisional Office, DD Puram, Bareilly. An awareness lecture was delivered by an Oncologist Dr. R. K. Chittlangia, Secretary CSS Bareilly. 48 staff members attended the programme.
Dr. Chittlangia addressing LIC Staff
25. On September 15, 2019, a Cancer Awareness Camp was organised by Savan Kripal Ruhani Mission, Shahjahanpur. Dr. R.K. Chittlangia, an Oncologist and Secretary CSS Bareilly gave an awareness talk that was attended by 108 participants. He also examined 46 patients free of charge.
Dr. Chittlangia delivering his talk
Site Updated on 26th March, 2022